Neuropsychological & Psychological Services
The Clinic in San Marcos, Tx provides a wide range of services for Adults ages 18 and up in Neuropsychology and Psychology
Comprehensive Neuropsychological Evaluations
Brief Neurocognitive Assessments
Assessments of Cognitive Functioning in Older Adults
Psychological Evaluations of Emotional Functioning
Substance Use Evaluations
Traumatic Brain Injuries/Anoxic Brain Injuries
Sports Concussions/Post-concussive Syndrome
Dementia including Alzheimer’s
Adult Learning Disorders
Assessment of Alcohol and Drug Use
Should I See a Neurologist?
To determine whether a consultation with a neuropsychologist is for you or a loved one answer the following 12 questions based on your experience in the past 6 months.
1. Are you finding it hard to focus when you need to?
2. Are your feeling confused or concerned about your memory?
3. Do you or your loved ones notice you are increasingly forgetful?
4. Are you feeling unhappy, nervous or depressed?
5. Are you having difficulties at work?
6. Are you having difficulties in important relationships, like getting along with a spouse/partner, coworkers or family member?
7. Are you misplacing things or forgetting people’s names?
8. Are you having difficulties finding the right words you want to say?
9. Do you have difficulties with planning, organization and getting things done?
10. Do you have challenges with driving, or are you getting lost in familiar areas
11. Do or have trouble working with your hands?
12. Have you ever been diagnosed with something but feel like that diagnosis doesn’t really fit?
Speak to a Neuropsychologist
If you have answered YES to any of these questions and this problem gets in the way of daily life, it probably makes sense to get in touch with Dr. Dees to see if an evaluation may be right for you.
Dr. Dees will meet with the patient (and family members) for an initial consultation. At that time, he will discuss if a neurocognitive evaluation is needed. Once testing is completed, the patient (and family members) will return to get the results during a feedback appointment.
Full reports are typically available within 2 weeks after the feedback appointment.
Dr. Wayne Dees, Psy.D
Dr. Wayne Dees is a licensed clinical neuropsychologist with more than 16 years of experience in the assessment and treatment of neurocognitive and psychological issues.
I’d Love to Help
The Clinic does not provide 24-hour mental health emergency services. If you are in need of emergency services, please contact Austin Travis County Psychiatric Emergency Services
or call 911.